Wellington Property Lawyers

We advise on all aspects of property law, including commercial and residential conveyancing, relationship property, and construction projects.

Need Property Advice?

Our property lawyers are well qualified to take care of all your conveyancing requirements. We fully understand the legal implications of buying and selling property. These often extend far beyond the actual sale or purchase, to cover your family, relationship, and financial circumstances. We can advise you about these broader aspects, including making or updating your will, setting up a trust, and taxation implications.

Buying and selling commercial and residential property

We provide conveyancing expertise to help you protect your interests and have confidence in your real estate transaction. We can take care of all the legalities involved in house purchases and sales, and in buying, leasing, or selling commercial premises. We recommend talking to us before you sign an agreement.

Property development and subdivisions

We facilitate all stages of commercial, rural, industrial, and residential subdivisions, developments, and construction. We advise local authorities on issues relating to the Resource Management Act, Public Works Act and Local Government Act associated wiheight:100%;th significant developments and subdivisions.


Property agreements

It’s a difficult time when a relationship ends. We understand the challenges involved – both legal and personal – in preparing relationship property agreements. We can advise you about your entitlements, rights, and the options open to you.

Buying into a retirement village

If you’re looking to move into a retirement village, rest home, or aged care facility, or are helping a family member with this, we can advise you about occupation right agreements, and explain all the documentation in terms you can understand.


9We can help you change your mortgage, and assist with timely refinancing if you switch banks. If you’re behind with mortgage payments, or have been issued with a mortgagee sale notice, we’ll negotiate with your bank on your behalf.

We can help you

Our team of lawyers and legal executives has been assisting clients with property law and conveyancing for almost 30 years. Our breadth of experience is matched by a personal level of service and plain English advice.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are half a dozen of the most common questions we get asked about property law, together with our responses.

What’s involved in moving into a retirement complex?

You’re required by law to get legal advice before signing up with a retirement village. Buying into a retirement village is different from purchasing other residential property. The financial arrangements and title deeds can vary considerably between villages.

Do I need a lawyer to help with real estate transactions?

A property lawyer can save you time and trouble by ensuring that the wording of conditions in sale and purchase agreements meets your requirements. Your property lawyer will also help you navigate the transfer of title process.

How can a lawyer help with property developments?

Property developments, subdivision and construction projects are complicated. A property lawyer can cut through red tape and prevent costly delays by taking care of all the legal processes and documentation involved from planning to completion.

Do I need a lawyer to help with commercial property?

Commercial property transactions are complex. An experienced lawyer can guide you through the processes involved whether you’re looking to purchase, lease, or sell commercial property, including your obligations as an owner, tenant, landlord, or vendor.

What happens to property when a relationship ends?

When a relationship of three years’ duration or more ends due to death or separation, property gets divided according to your relationship property agreement. If there’s no agreement, then the court will probably order a 50/50 split of shared property.

Do I need to see my lawyer if I refinance my mortgage?

If you decide to refinance your mortgage from your existing bank to a new bank, your lawyer will need to arrange for a discharge of your current mortgage. They will explain the new loan and mortgage instructions before you sign all the paperwork.

We are available

We're here for you, and committed to what you need.

Wellington office:
Wakefield House
90 The Terrace

Porirua City office:
Level 7, BNZ Tower
14 Hartham Place North

Leave a message